25 June 2015

Marketing Too Much?

Hi kids,

I've been perusing my Facebook and Twitter feeds the past few days and noticing a frustrating trend. There are far fewer funny quips from people I follow and a crapload of plugs for books.In fact, that's pretty much all I see on Twitter. It's reached the point where I don't even look at them.

I've never been a fan of what's called "hard sales." Constantly in your face with, "Buy! Buy! Buy!" tends to elicit a, "No! No! No!" from me. It's possible that I don't market enough because I resist the hard sale so much. Weekly tweets are fine with me. Occasional requests for reviews, okay.

But those who make the most noise are those who are heard.  At what point does bombardment become irritation for readers? I'd like to hear from you about this.

Happy writing and reading,
~Jude

No comments:

Post a Comment