14 April 2014

Gathering Goodies

Previously I wrote about trying out Scrivener, a software program for writers. I've finally started playing with it this weekend to organize my research for a new historical. I'm not sure it's much help at this point; I'm still writing a timeline, synopsis, and ideas and putting them in a file. How is this different from what I did before? Scrivener promises I'll have this at my fingertips when I start writing. But I have my doubts that it is more efficient than the way I've worked before.

I love having books at hand to refer to--passages of information, reference notes, etc. I'm not going to copy these pages into Scrivener. Am I resisting learning a new software program just because it's different from what I've always done? Honestly, I'm not sure. Right now it seems like more prep work and less writing. I'll let you know how it progresses.

Happy writing,
~Jude

No comments:

Post a Comment