02 March 2014

Foray into Children's Books

Uh-oh. I've gone and done it now. I collaborated on a children's book with a crazed Aussie. Walkabout Willie / Mucky Karms is one book of two tales for children, perfect for reading at bedtime or for those who already read independently. There are blank pages to draw one's own illustrations.

Walkabout Willie recounts the Grand Adventure of a wombat who wandered farther than he ever thought he could. My good friend from Down Under, Marg Brassington, shared this story with me quite some time ago. It's a fun tale with different animals from Australia involved, illustrated with original drawings by Marg herself. I've added a few here and there as well.

Mucky Karms is a fantasy I used to tell my son every night at bedtime. It grew and grew into a saga of staggering silliness which I have substantially edited for publication. Lorcan the Leprechaun is certain the Witch in the Deepest, Darkest part o' the Forest has stolen his pot o' gold. He tricks a unicorn into giving him a ride and soon learns being mean isn't the best way to accomplish a goal.

Right now, when you purchase a print copy from Amazon, you can add a Kindle version for only 99 cents.

I will have print copies of this book available at the Tucson Festival of Books, Saturday, March 15 and Sunday, March 16.
I will be with Gecko Gals Ink in Booth #112, which is right near the southern end of the Arizona Daily Star pavilion. Those who purchase Walkabout Willie / Mucky Karms  will receive extra goodies with each edition! I'll be at the booth all day, both days from 9AM through 5 PM, so please come by and say "G'day, mate."


No comments:

Post a Comment