29 January 2012

Awards and Rewards

My writing friend, Rosemary Gemmell, gave me a blogging award last week. This is a fun way to introduce people to other bloggers of interest. This one, The Liebster Award, is recommended for blogs with fewer than 200 followers. Well, that's mine, all right!
So, I'd like to pass this award on to five wonderful bloggers, not necessarily devoted solely to writing, but they share information in a fun manner:

Mystery Author Rhys Bowen, College Student Parker Bunch, Lette's Chat, Sci-fi author TK Toppin, and Americymu's Blog Collection.

Now for the Rewards part of today's post: it's the beauty of a day like today for those of us who live in Tucson year-round. Sunny, 75 degrees--on January 29th.  I mean, just look at this sky:

This is looking over the backyard wall. Not retouched in any way.
 Yes, the sky is that blue at 4PM in January.
Here's looking toward the front yard:
Facing west in the late afternoon
Sorry if you're in a snowy, slimy, cold place right now. Trust me, we pay for this in July, August, and September, and Mother Nature's fees are steep. It will be so hot come the end of June, the blue of the sky seems bleached white. So yes, this time of year is our reward to sweating it out all summer. It's been a fantabulous week of weather this delightful, and the forecast is for much of the same in the days ahead. I spent the weekend potting plants and playing in the dirt. It was glorious. Reveling in the sunlight without frying to a crisp in ten minutes is marvelous. I'm going to treasure every moment of a winter such as this. 

3 comments:

  1. Aw Jude! I'm honored! I'd like to thank...!! lol

    Thank you for the award and I promise to blog with pride knowing I bear the responsibility of such a distinguished award!

    **does queen's wave at the crowd and ducks the roses being thrown**

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are most welcome, Miz Lette! *ducking tomatoes* At least you get roses! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photos are beautiful, Jude - I can imagine how hot it must become. Think my husband would like a little more heat sometimes, but I prefer our northern climes!

    ReplyDelete